Effective date: Jan 1, 2021
BITTR AG (“us” , “we” , or “our” ) operates the https://www.getbittr.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service” ).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service: Service is the https://www.getbittr.com website operated by BITTR AG
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
2.1 TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
2.1.1 PERSONAL DATA
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Mobile Phone Number
- First name and last name
- IP Address of Registration
- IBAN Account Number and Account Holder
- Customer bitcoin address
- Cookies and Usage Data
In certain cases, bittr will ask its customer to provide additional documentation, in light of our KYC/AML processes. Identity verification information may include, but is not limited to:
- An identification document (i.e. a valid passport, valid European ID card or a valid European driving license)
- Proof of residence (i.e. utility bill, phone bill, or bank account statement, not older than three months)
- Proof of “Source of funds”
2.1.2 USAGE DATA
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
2.1.3 TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
3. USE OF DATA
BITTR AG uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues, fraud, and abuse
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
BITTR AG may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
5. RETENTION OF DATA
BITTR AG will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
6. TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Switzerland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Switzerland and process it there.
7. DISCLOSURE OF DATA
7.1 DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, BITTR AG may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
7.2 LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
BITTR AG may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of BITTR AG
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
8. SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. BITTR AG aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where BITTR AG relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
10. SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We exclusively use open source software (), which we host on our own servers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to provide the customer a better user experience or enhance our Service.
- Sendgrid: for reliable email delivery, bittr uses the Sendgrid Inc. platform. Sendgrid, Inc. (Sendgrid) serves as a Service Provider of certain Personal Information as it collects, processes and stores that information to reliably send emails by bittr. For more information on the privacy practices of Sendgrid, please visit Sendgrid Privacy & Terms web page.
- Twilio: for reliable SMS delivery, bittr uses the Twilio Ireland Limited platform. Twilio Ireland Limited (Twilio) serves as a Service Provider of certain Personal Information as it collects, processes and stores that information to reliably send SMS messages by bittr. For more information on the privacy practices of Twilio, please visit Twilio Privacy & Terms web page.
11. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
12. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
14. CONTACT US